Below are free online tools that can be very helpful. It takes time and thoughtful consideration to make appropriate choices. Be sure to look up the “admitted student profile” for each college so that you will know how you compare to the students who were admitted last year. But don’t let that be too discouraging – remember, the numbers for GPA and SAT / ACT are averages. Make sure you have met the course requirements before applying.
- California State University system – www.csumentor.edu – use matching assistant, 23 campuses
- University of California system – http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/ 9 campuses
- California Community College system – www.cccco.edu 112 campuses – tuition/fees are the same at each one
- California Private Universities – www.aiccu.edu
- Assist – a good place to find majors at all California colleges – www.assist.org
- College Board – Advanced College Search – https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/college-search?navid=gh-cs
- Out-of-state colleges that recruit from California www.regionaladmissions.com/racc-member-directory.html
- Western Undergraduate Exchange – www.wiche.edu/wue WUE offers reduced tuition at out-of-state 2- and 4-year colleges
Good luck! Apply wisely and broadly!
EOP is designed to improve access and retention of historically low-income and educationally disadvantaged students. EOP students have the potential and demonstrated motivation to perform satisfactorily at a CSU, but they have not been able to realize their potential because of their economic or educational background. The program provides admission and academic assistance to EOP-eligible undergraduate students. In many cases, the program offers financial assistance to eligible students. Campuses tailor their programs to accommodate the needs of their student population.
Income Eligibility Index: http://www.csumentor.edu/planning/eop/income.asp
How to Apply to Delta College
Presenting Yourself on the UC Application-PPT
Pathways to the University of California
Caminos a la Universidad de California
Personal Statement Guide for UC
You Can Afford UC - Blue and Gold Plan
La UC Esta A Tu Alcance - Blue and Gold
How to Apply to CSU
CSU Educational Opportunity Program
Junior Portfolio Resources
Dream Act information
Estimated College Costs
Juniors: Career Research Guide - some resources to assist in searching for opportunities
Career Resource Guide - Explore Careers online
UC Merced AB 540 Student Handbook
Senior Scholarship Data Sheet
Letter of Recommendation Request Form
Guide to Applying for Scholarships
School Profile. Use this when a description about our school is needed for essays, etc.
Link to School Accountability Report Cards - Information about Lodi High School demographics, school environment and performance